Monday 21 July 2014

Update: Birthdays, Birmingham & New Beauty Buys!

Hello everyone!

I am going to start this post by apologising (once again) for my absence. I know I always use the same excuse that 'there is only one laptop in my house and it's hard to share' but it's true! I'm never really at my house lately either, plus my mum takes the laptop to work everyday so it's almost impossible for me to post atm... I am hoping to be at home a bit more often so hopefully I can post more (though I am taking that with a pinch of salt haha).
Anyway, onto the post*...
*there are no pics in this post unfortunately, check out my previous posts for a better visual experience
 
The month of June was crazy for me this year, now I know we are almost at the end of July but I really feel like I just need to reflect on some of my June shenanigans with you guys. First off, there was a ridiculous amount of birthdays in June, including my 18th (a very belated happy birthday to all my colleagues and family members who are lucky enough to be June babies!). I was really looking forward to turning 18 as all my friends have early birthdays meaning they're all out partying and I was at home playing Pokémon.. or something just as sad. I did get quite a few presents though (especially mugs..... so many mugs...) and a bit of money too which I am very grateful for. I went out on the night of my birthday to celebrate and also went out that weekend to Birmingham with the boyf, where I went slightly make-up crazy as I bought a few bits from Benefit, Bare Minerals and Bodyshop. My boyfriend also bought me Chanel No.5, I really was spoilt! And, even though we ate loads, we bought an array of macaroons and £20 worth of beef jerky from Selfridges.. oops! But overall, June was a good month and I got lots of things done, though I am sorry I didn't photograph much of it, it would have been really cool to show you as well as tell you.

Okay, moving on to July. The month hasn't ended yet but it's been pretty good so far. I booked a holiday to Paphos for the 1st October with my boyfriend, Jack, which I am really excited for. I have only been on holiday twice in my life so this is like a little treat just for the both of us. I do want to travel more though in future years and I'm going to photograph as much of my journeys as possible just so I can show you what I'm up to and where I've been. Also yesterday I painted a mural on my cousins wall for her little boy's room. It took me 8 hours in total but it turned out pretty good in the end, my cousin was happy with it and that's all that matters, though I was pretty knackered after it (the Mcdonalds towards the end really helped keep me going aha) and I was smothered in paint by the end but it was worth it. On the downside, when I got back me and Jack went to walk his dog and I got bit by a bug on my foot and its ballooned and is really itchy and hurts :(... Is anyone else allergic to bud bites or is it just me?...

So you are now updated with the last couple of months of my life. I am trying to get back on track with blogging now that I have a smaller, more practical camera and a few more things going on in the next couple of months. Expect review after review of beauty products and 'what I've been up to' sort of posts! I hope you aren't too sick of me apologising for not being around but, again, I am sorry. I am determined to stick to this from now on!
Thanks for reading, I WILL update on Thursday,
See you soon!

x

No comments:

Post a Comment