Saturday 15 March 2014

Recent Beauty Buys

Working in the middle of a town centre is great in some ways, but it really takes it's toll on my bank account. I can't resist popping in to Boots or Superdrug to just 'have a look' though I always wind up buying something. Recently, i've started looking in Superdrug more because they have a couple more cheaper end make-up brands compared to boots, like Sleek for example (which I've heard is really good value for money). Here's a few things i have bought over the past week or so.


(Left to right: Sleek 'Au Naturel' Palette, Seventeen lip lustre, Boots Eyelash curler, Eyelashes from Japan, Superdrug tweezers, Sleek 'Face Form' Palette in Medium, Soap & Glory Body Wash)


I bought this palette after reading one of Zoella's blog posts about the Sleek 'Storm' palette. I originally went into Superdrug for that palette but i spotted the 'Au Naturel' palette and loved it! I'm really into nude and brown eyeshadow at the moment and the mixture of matte and shimmer eyeshadows in this palette is perfect!


I've recently decided that i am going to buy more lipglosses as i, literally, have none (excluding a crappy one i got free with a Wilkinson Sword razor). This lipgloss is from Seventeen in 'Hotting Up'. It's a very natural coral/pink colour and has the perfect shine.


I love these eyelashes. They're from Japan though i have no idea what brand they are. I buy these ones in particular because 1. They're cheap and 2. They're such good quality! On eBay, it's under £7 for six pairs and they come with an amazing glue!


I  really struggle when it comes to bronzers as most of the Boots make-up brands only have bronzers for light or light/medium skin which look strange on my medium/ tanned/ dark-ish skin. Recently, however i ventured in to the world of Superdrug and found Sleek's 'Face Form' palette. The medium colour is perfect for my skin tone and i would highly recommend it if you have slightly darker skin.


I never really buy anything from Soap & Glory but Zoella's favourites video on Youtube really sold it to me. This 'Rich & Foamous' body wash feels gorgeously soft and, like Zoe says in her video, it smells amazing!


My old tweezers are so bad, they don't grip any hairs whatsoever.. I new i needed a new pair and these tweezers from Superdrug are cheap and good quality. The curlers are from boots and are the cheapest pair i could find, though they're still really good quality!

I know this isn't really relevant but it's my mum's 49th birthday today!
Happy Birthday Mum! Next up is the big 50!

Thanks for reading. What shall i post next?

x

No comments:

Post a Comment