Sunday 9 March 2014

Recent Beauty Favourites!

It's a beautiful day today! I was going to go for a stroll and take some photos of the clear blue sky but I'd already prepared for a beauty favourites post! Maybe sunny day photos another day.. if the sun actually decides to come back out.
 
 
I've been using these products sooo much recently. Some I've had for months and others I've just recently bought but all of them have been added to my daily beauty routine.
 
 
I only bought this Simple Oil Balancing Moisturiser a week or two ago but I feel like, after daily use, it's really helping me with my skin. I have horribly oily skin, even on cold days, and this really sucks up the excess oil before I apply my make-up. It does keep my face fairly oil-free for a few hours but I am yet to find a product that really keeps the oil away.
 
 
I brought this MAC Prep + Prime Translucent Powder to, also, help me with my oily skin. I love how this gives a matte airbrushed sort of look. It doesn't leave a white residue on the skin unlike some other translucent powders I have tried. This, combined with the Simple Oil Balancing Moisturiser, helps a lot to keep me from having shiny, greasy feeling skin but, like I said, I am yet to find a product that really helps with oily skin. If anyone could recommend a product I would appreciate that greatly!
 
 
Moving on from skin to lips. Lately, lip balms have been my saviour! Bitterly cold weather really takes its toll on my lips and they become chapped almost instantly so lip balms are essential. Vaseline is one of the main products I use on my lips as it moisturises without being sticky. I especially love the "Paint the Town" Vaseline as it leaves my lips moisturised with a subtle red tint to them.
 
 
As for scents, I have really been into Impulse body sprays and, as you can see, I have quite a few. I can't really say which is my favourite because I use a different one everyday. The perfume is Britney Spears Fantasy and I absolutely love it! I find that the scent really lasts (I can still smell on my clothes at the end of the day) which I don't find with a lot of perfumes.
 
 
For a non-beauty favourite, I would like to show you my Yankee Candle Electric Tart Burner! All you do is place a wax tart into the burner, plug it in and....
 
 
...Voila!
It releases the scent as it melts. Once its completely melted it can "burn" for up to eight hours. I've haven't yet managed to use up a whole wax tart yet though, I keep swapping them to match my mood. The green tart in the picture is called "Pineapple Cilantro". I have about 15 tarts so far and my collection is building!
 
Thank you for reading, I hope it wasn't too long of a post :)
 
What are your recent beauty favourites?
 
x

No comments:

Post a Comment